There are plenty of reasons to love Dropbox’s service. The smooth syncing across different devices and platforms is one of them. The unmatched referral system that can give you up to 8GB of free storage is also another reason. But the Dropbox team is simply always looking for innovative ways to make us like them even more. And you read it right! They are giving away additional 5GB of free storage. This new release offers new features and improvements which include:
- Automatically uploads photos and videos in the background using Wi-Fi or data plan
- 500MB of free space on first photo uploaded automatically
- Upload files of any size (no more 180 MB limit!)
- Support for resuming file uploads when there are network issues
- Various performance improvements & bug fixes
“During this beta period, we are also offering additional free space to test automatic uploading of photos and videos. For every 500MB of photos and videos automatically uploaded, you’ll receive another 500MB space bonus, up to 5GB total (including the initial 500MB space).”
[Update: this space is not separate from 5GB given for uploading on our desktop clients. Uploading from either desktop clients or Android app will count towards the same 5GB free space.] If you haven’t tried this, the APK can be downloaded directly from here: http://db.tt/4ZL2gCdt or you can also scan this QR code: Personally, I have already received 500MB. And I look forward to the 5GB additional space.